Hatha yoga Pradipika 3
Chapter 3 Hatha Yoga Pradipika
1. As (Ananta) the Lord of the Snakes support of the earth with its mountains and forests, as Kundalini is the support of all yoga practitioners.
2. When the sleeping Kundalini is awakened by the grace of the Guru, then all lotuses (cakra-s or mystic centers) and buttons pierced (granthis).
3. Then Susumna is the royal road for Prana. The spirit remains without an object. Then misled death.
4. Susumna, SUNYAPADAVI (the emptiness), Brahmarandhra (the entrance to Brahman) MAHAPATHA (the main road), SMASANA (the burning ground), sambhavi (belonging to the promising Sambhu] and Madhya MARGA (the main road) this link to the same.
5. Therefore, every effort posing , the [several] must Mudra-s are practiced to the powerful Godin (Kundalini) who sleeps to generate in the mouth of the Susumna (the passage to the Absolute).
6 , 7 Maha Mudra, Bandha Maha, Maha vedha, KHECARI, Uddiyana, Mula Bandha, JALAMDHARA-BHANDHA, Viparita Karani, Vajroli and SAKTICALANA -. These are the ten Mudra-s They destroy old age and death..
8. These are set put the primeval Lord (Siva); they are divine and give the eight Siddhi-s, they are preferred by all Siddha-s and even difficult to obtain for the Deva-s..
9. This should be kept secret as a barrel full of precious jewels. There was no one to be talked about, as in the case of seksue el intercourse with a woman born into a good family.
10. This (is the) Maha MUDRA (described) the perineum with the left heel pressing and extending the right leg firmly pack (the toes of the right foot) with the hands.
11, 12. Pull the throat (in the JALAMDHARA-BHANDHA) and keep the breath in the upper part (ie, in the Susumna). Then, the Kundalini is all of a sudden power law, such as a [rolled] hose that is touched by a rod grappling right as a stick. The other two-Nadi's (Ida and Pingala) is dead (because the Prana their will).
13. Then one should breathe out slowly and never quickly. This is known as made by the Mahamudra siddha-s.
14. (Here it) the painful factors disappear as the big klesa-s and death, etc. Therefore, the wisest of men called the Maha Mudra (the great mudra).
There are five klesa programs , namely Avidya (ignorance or illusion), Asmita (egoism), Raga (attachment), dvesa (aversion) and abhinivasa (attachment to life). The Maha mudra it is called as the shut-off all pain (mudra).
15. After having well-practiced in the left-hand side, it should be practiced on the right-hand side. If the number (of times of practice on both sides) are the same, then [the practice of] the Mudra should be stopped (for some time). The practice, on the left side as the left leg is flexed and extended, the right leg, and on the right-hand side and the opposite is done.
16. To practice this, there is nothing wholesome or unwholesome. All things of whatever taste whatsoever, even tasteless and poisonous when eaten, digested as if it were nectar.
17. The diseases of a person who practices this Mahamudra, leprosy, congestion, diseases of the stomach, etc.- are overcome.
18. Thus, this Mahamudra is described which is the major siddhi-s indicates people. This should be kept secret and should not be revealed to just anyone.
19. Then, [the MAHA-Bandha is (described): place the heel of the left foot on the perineum and place the right foot on the left thigh.
20. The breath and calm chin on chest (in jalamdhara-bandha), squeeze the anus (in the Mula-bandha) and focuses the mind on the central Nadi (Susumna).
21. After the breath to have retained as long as possible, the exhaled air would have to be slow. After this good practice to have the left one tries on the right side.
22. Some of them are of the opinion that the squeezing together of the throat (Jalamdhara bandha) here should be avoided and that the contraction obtained by the tongues against drukkan [the root of] the front tooth to (Jihva-bandha) is preferred.
23. This (Jihva-bandha in the path of Maha-bandha) stops the upward path (of Prana) all Nadi-s (except Susumna). This Maha-bandha (helps) to obtain large Siddhi-s.
24. This is effective ( also known as potent ) for the freeing of the large sling of time (Yama). It brings the union of three currents (ie, the s-Nadi: Ida, Pingala and Susumna). It makes it possible for the mind to achieve Keadara (St. chair of Siva Mystic in the center between the eyebrows).
25. As a woman gifted with beauty and charm is still barren without a man, so an Maha Mudra Maha-bandha without the Maha-da vedha.
26. The Maha-vedha (will be described): The yogi, in the Mahabandha position, must with the Jalamdhara-bandha breath-hold with a concentrated spirit and the (upward and descending) job of stopping the Pranamaya, etc.
27 . the two palms right setting on the ground, he should hit slowly with the buttocks [the ground]. (Dan) is the Prana, the two Nadi, -s (Ida and Pingala) leaving, in the middle (Susumna).
28. Then find the union of the moon, sun and fire (Ida, Pingala and Susumna) place that surely leads to immortality. This creates a situation similar to the death; the air has (slowly) be exhaled.
29. This Maha vedha which, in practice, gives great Siddhi-s. This turns wrinkles, gray hair and trembling (of age) decreases, and the best practitioners will give (them) on.
30. These three, hold off old age and death, improve the (gastric) fire and give Siddhi-s as animan must keep secret.
31. These are performed in eight different ways, every day at every yama (three hour period). They give all the fullness of time and forces to destroy the accumulation of sins (papa). Those who are properly supervised by a teacher to practice them gradually.
32. The KHECARI (to be described): When the tongue is pivoted back, and the cavity that leads going in to the skull, and the eyes are directed between the eyebrows, this is Khacani.
33. By cutting, to shake and stretch, the tongue should be gradually stretched until it touches the center of the eyebrows. Then Khecani is practiced successfully.
The procedure for cutting is described in the following verses. Shaking means grip the tongue by the fingers, and these move from left to right. Stretching means gripping the tongue and pull it as is done in order to be milked with the udders of a cow.
34. Take a smooth, clean knife, very sharp blade of the milk hedge plant, and cut to a hair's breadth (the freanum or soft membrane connecting the tongue to the lower part of the mouth).
35. Rub than (the part) with (a mixture of) verpoeierde rock salt and Havitaki (yellow myrobalan ). Then after seven days, cut (again) to the width of a hair.
The mixture should be rubbed to every morning and evening. Because salt is prohibited in the case of yogi-s, they use the ashes of khadira or woody cassia. The text is called salt assuming the Khecari Mudra should be practiced before the start of the Hatha yoga practice.
Cutting and medicatia should be done twice a day for seven days. On the eighth day, the cut should be a little deeper. And so on.
36. He should practice in this way, step by step and practiced for six months every day. In six months, the membrane that binds separated off at the bottom of the tongue.
37. Then, the tongue to the rear turning, it would be the node of the three (Nadi-s, that is, the space at the top of the palate) must enter. This is the Khacari-mudra. It is (also) called Vyomacakra.
38. The yogi even a half-Ksana (ie, for 24 minutes) are tongue keeps turned upwards is saved from poisons, diseases, dead and old age.
39. To him that Khecari Mudra knows there is no sickness, death (intellectual) numbness, sleep, hunger, thirst, or darkening of the intellect.
40.Hij who knows Khacari Mudra is not afflicted by disease; not infected with Karma, and not affected by time. The summary of the results of the Khecani mudra is to show the reader how important this is.
41.Deze Khacari mudra is called by the Siddha's, because the ghost moves in the space (Akasa; in the middle of the eyebrows and the tongue (also) moves in Akasa (in the cavity above the palate).
42.Wanneer someone cavity in the upper part of the palate is closed by the Khacari mudra, it will emit no seed moisture, not even in the embrace of a beautiful and passionate woman.
43.Hoewel the moisture flows to the genital organ, it is still stopped by the Yoni-mudra, brought up forcefully.
Yani mudra is another name for Vajrola Mudra (111.83). Since many of these mudras are described later in this book, it is necessary to give a word of warning here, before it is taken literally. However, the descriptions of the Mudra's reveals that these processes have intercourse with women, yet this seems to contradict each other. We can not assume that the terms women, community and seminal fluid should be taken literally in the case of Yogi's, who have practiced in the Yama's and Niyama's. In addition, written in the same book, which only after a certain stage has been reached in Samadhi, Vajroli-mudra etc. can be practiced. It seems to point to some inner, mystical processes, which have to do with the development of the mind.
44.De connoisseur of Yoga, which, tenacious, the tongue is turned upwards and the Sama juice drink overcomes without doubt the death within 15 days.
The Moon is above the palate and the nectar which falls down, there flows out of and is digested by the Sun, which is in the naval; but wenneer the flow of nectar is stopped by closing the gap in the palate, the decay of the body is prevented. Soma means moon.
45.In the body of the yogin that daily soaked in the nectar of the moon, spreading poison himself, not even by a bite (snake) Taksaka.
Taksaka, a very powerful poison, is one of the eight serpent kings in Patala, who is the biggest Sasa or Ananta.
46.Zoals fire does not go out as long as fuel, such as a lamp does not go out as long as oil and a wick (the lamp) is, thus leaving the occupant of the body while the body is filled with the nectar of the moon.
47.Hij can daily gomamsa (literally the flesh of a cow) food and he can amaravaruni (lit. Hard liquor) drinks. I consider him as one of high komaf- Other gelding match the family.
The words in the text, and gomamsa amaravaruni are described in the next two sutras.
48.Met the word "go" the tongue means. The enter (within the cavity) of the palate is gamamsabhaksana (eating cows meat). This destroys the five great sins.
The five major sins are: murder a brahmana, drinking liquor, theft, adultery with the wife of a teacher, and deal with someone who is committing these sins.
49.De nectar flowing from the Moon due to the heat caused by the intrusion of the tongue, which is amaravaruni.
The term Varuni means wine. In the above two sutras an excellent example of how a Hindu writer hides the real meaning hidden by apparently absurd symbols. This seems to be the principle. They thought that the absurdity of the symbol and its irrelevance to the subject would suggest to the reader that there was something behind it, and that therefore he would look deeper for an explanation of this absurdity. A misunderstanding of this rule seems to have given rise to many absurd interpretations of real occult symbols, and many harmful practices that voted the animal propensities and passions favorable. Examples thereof can be reproduced, such as the relationship between Radha Krishna and 16, and the thousand gopis-s or hererinnan; the five Pandu brothers who married a woman, Draupadi; the stories of the RSI's who married and had children who had an adult mind in a short time; and the whole mystical terminology of the Tantra-s which caused many disgusting practice.
50.Als the constant tongue touches the space in the palate, so that it is allowed to flow to the nectar (Moon), which salt, spicy taste and acid, also similar to milk, honey, and ghee (taste), all diseases are destroyed , age is overcome, weapons are repelled, immortality and the eight siddhi-s are obtained and the demigods are attracted.
51.Hij those with head and tongue of the cavity in the palate seal, contemplates the supreme power (Kundalini), and drink the pure stream of nectar flowing in waves Moon head in the 16-leafed lotus (in the throat) by the control of Prana, during the Hatha yoga, which yogi, freed from diseases, live long with a body soft and beautiful as that lotus stem (the root).
52.In the upper part of the Meru (ie the Susumna) in the cavity, which is the source of the Nadi-s, it is to hide the nectar. He in pure intellect (sattvic naturally onverduisterd by Rajas and Tamas) sees the truth (his own Atman). From the Moon follows the nectar, moisture from the body of this death comes to men. Therefore, man must practice the useful Khecari Mudra (to stop the downward flow). If not, there may be gene bodily perfection [the gift of beauty, grace, strength and self-control.
53.De cavity, the connection of the five streams and provides divine knowledge.
In the emptiness of the cavity, free from the effects of avidya or do not know , grief and illusion is Khacari Mudra housed securely.
The in the above sutra streams which reference is made are the many-Nadi s, Ida, Pingala, Susumna, Gandhari, etc. which represent the rivers Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati, Narmada, etc.
54.Er is only a bud of evolution (Pa improved by Plaatsman in Involution) ( ie, Om); there is only one Mudra, Khecari; only one god, not depend on anything; and only one (spiritual) state, Mananmani.
Like all the best in their class is called, the Khecari the best of mudra-s.
55.Dan (is), the UDDHIYANA Bandha (described): Uddiyana-bandha is so called by the yogi-s, because if it is practiced, the Pranamaya is controlled and flies through the Susumna.
56.Omdat this large bird (prana) flying incessantly, is the Uddhiyana.deze bandha is now explained.
57.Het retraction of the abdominal above (and below) is referred to as the belly button Uddihyana Bandhas. It is the lion that kills the elephant death.
58.Hij constantly engaged the Uddhiyana Bandha, as taught by the guru, so it is a natural thing, is young, even though he is old.
59.Hij have strong pull (stomach) backwards. Above and below the navel practice, and this for six months. No doubt he overcomes (then) death.
60.Van Bandha's is the Uddhiyana the finest. If this is managed, following liberation naturally.
61.Dan (describes) the Mula Bandha press with the heel against the perineum and anus pull together to pull up the prana. This Mula Bandha.
62.Door contraction (the muladhara), the Apana is, which normally flows down, are forced to go up (by Susumna). Yogis call this Mula Bandha.
63.Druk heel against the anus and press the power firmly and repeatedly along the energy (Apana) comes up.
64.Door the Mula Bandha the Pranamaya an Apana are combined with Nada and bindu and this gives perfection in Yoga. There is no doubt possible.
65.Door constant practice of the Mula Bandha is achieved a unification of Prana and Apana. Urine and feces are less and even the elders are young.
66.Als the Apana rises and reaches the area of the fire, the flame of the fire is extended, fanned by Apana.
67.Wanneer Apana and the fire join Prana, which is naturally hot, the heat in the body is further enhanced.
68.Hierdoor is the Kundalini which is asleep and feel the extreme heat, awakened, like a snake beaten by a stick hisses and stretches.
69.Dan goes Susumna inside, as (a hose) passing within its hollow. Therefore, the yogis are practicing every day and always Mula Bandha.
70.Dan (to be described), the Jalandhara Bandha pull the throat together and holds the chin firmly against the chest (about 10 cm. Of the breast). This is the Bandha called Jalandhara destroys old age and death.
71.Omdat the network (Jala) of the Nadi's constricts and the down current (holds back from the cavity in the palate) of celestial water (Jala), this Bandha the Jalandhara. It destroys all the diseases of the throat.
72.Wanneer the Jalandhara Bandha is practiced, performed by contraction of the throat, the nectar does not fall into the (gastric) fire and the Prana is not touched (ie not misdirected).
73.Door the (solid) contraction of the throat to be neutralized, the two nadis (Ida and Pingala). Here the middle Cakra (Vishuddi) is (in the throat). This connects the sixteen adhara's (vital centers).
74.Trek d anus and practicing the Uddhiyana Bandha. Tame the Ida and Pingala (by the Jalndhara Bandhas) and provide a flow (of energy) by the Susumna.
75.Hierdoor is the energy (in the Susumna) motionless; then there is no death, old age, sickness etc.
76.Yogi's know these three excellent Bandhas practiced by the great Siddhas; they are the means of success in the various Hatha-Yaga exercises.
77.Hier follows the description of Viparita Karani: nectar which also flows from the Moon, which is of divine form, it is all swallowed up by the Sun result, the body becomes old.
78.Er is an excellent process (karana) that the Sun is deceived. This should be learned from the Guru and not by theoretical study of the Sastras (Code with religious subjects.)
79.Wanneer the Sun is above and the Moon below, the practitioner above his navel and his palate down, it is the Viparita Karani. It must be learned through the guidance of a Guru.
80.Wanneer someone does this daily, the gastric fire is amplified and then the practitioner should always have more than enough food.
81.Als he restricted his diet, consuming fire (the body) quickly. On the first day he has to stand here on his head, with his feet up.
82.Oefen this through, increasing the duration gradually every day. After six months, wrinkles and gray hair. He who does this every day it throughout a yama (dwzdrie hours), conquers death.
83.Dan described Vajroli: even someone who is leading a lawless life without the rules prescribed by Yoga, when he knows the vajrali (through exercise), obtaining the contents of the siddhis.
84.Hier I mention two things that are difficult to obtain for everyone: one is milk (at the right time) and the other, a woman who does what they want.
(see the notation (III, 43) which says that such a statement should not be taken literally)
85.Oefen slowly and well, at the time (during ejaculation), sexual intercourse (it) to raise. In this way, a man or a woman obtain success in Vajroli.
86.Blaas forcefully into the hole of the penis by a prescribed pipe, slowly so that air can pass.
87.Het seed to fall on the point in the genitals of the woman must be withdrawn by the practice (of Vajrali- mudra). When all cases he must withdraw his seed (and the fluid of the woman) to keep it that way.
88.Zo the knower of Yoga should preserve his semen. (So) he conquers death. When the seed is discharged, following the death (eventually) .But there is a (longer) life for those who keep it.
89.Door preserve seed (by Vajrali mudra) a pleasant smell rises in the body of the Yogi. As long as the seed remains in the body, where does the fear of death come from?
90.Het seed of man is subject to the control of the mind and matter depends on the seed. Therefore, both the seed and the mind carefully maintained and controlled.
91.Iemand perfectly mastered this exercise must, through (the juices) well by pulling the penis up store has its own seed and the woman he community.
92.Dan is described SAHAJOLI: Sahajoli and Amaroli are variations of Vajroli, because it is a (depending on the achieved result) Mix the ashes, obtained by the burning of cow dung, with water.
93.Na community in Vajroli, the husband and wife should after their activity is completed, and they are blessed, rub the outstanding parts of their bodies (in the mix).
94.Dit hot Sahajali where Yogi can trust. It is a beneficial process is liberating, although it is connected with sexual experience.
95.Dit process Yoga is successful only for virtuous men who are brave, who know the truth and be free from jealousy; and not jealous people.
96.Dan is described Amaroli: discarding the first portion of the water because it entails gal, and the last bit as it is without value, when the middle part of the cool stream (Amari) is incorporated, which is in accordance with the Amaroli Kapalika sect.
97.Hij, who daily drinks the Emery and day after day touts, Vajroli needs good practice. This is called Amaroli.
98.Hij must mixing shaft with the nectar flowing of the moon by the practice (from Amaroli) and put it on the main limbs (of the body). Then, divine insight is obtained.
99.Wanneer a woman who gain experience by sufficient practice, soaks the seed of man and save her by (the practice of) Vajroli, it will be a Yogini.
100.Zonder doubt, even the last part of her body juices are not lost. In her body Nada itself the bindu.
101.Deze "bindu" and "rajas" and united in the body preserved by the exercise of Vajroli, give all siddhis.
102.Zij, which preserves its "rajas" by sucking on, is a Yogini. She knows the past and the future and will certainly attain perfection in Khecari.
103.Door Yoga, consisting of the practice of Vajroli is obtained physical perfection (beauty, grace and great power). This Yoga bestows dignity (punya) and although there is sexual experience, it leads to liberation.
104. SAKTICALANA describes Now: Kutilangi, Kundalini, Bhujangi, Sakti, lsvari, Kundali an Arundhati are all synonyms.
105.Zoals man can open a door with a key, so the Yogi will through Hatha yoga open the door of liberation (ie Susumna) by (the power of) Kundalini.
106.De great goddess (Kundalini) is sleeping with her mouth while she closes the entrance of the road so that the seat of Brahman (Brahmarandhra), where there is no pain, can be achieved.
107.De kundalini sakti, sleeping above the "kanda" frees the Yogi and chains ignorant. He who knows her, knows Yoga.
108.De Kundalini is beschrevdn as the coiled hose. He who makes these moves is Sakti (upwards from Muladhara), no doubt, liberated.
109.Tussen the Ganga and the Yamuna, the Balaranda is (this is Kundalini, literally a young widow), restraint in taking eight. They should be packed with power. That (creates) the highest seat of Vishnu.
110.Ida is the holy Ganga and Pingala is Yamuni river. Kundalini is the young widow between Ida and Pingala.
111.Door to get hold of the tail should be awakened that sleeping hose (Kundalini). Then Sakti, sleep is shaking off rises powerfully.
112.Na overtaking through the right nostril (pingala), the horizontal tube is to be packed are introduced by the process of paridhana, and daily for about a half hour in motion. Both programs morgans and evening.
113. (Kanda) is twelve fingers width above (anus) and four fingers wide, soft and white, and resembles a rolled towel.
114.Gezeten in Vajrasana attitude keep their feet firmly on the ankles and then you apply pressure to the Kanda.
115.Gezeten in Vajrasana posture, the Yogi must, after having brought Kundalini in motion, do Bhastrika kumbhaka. That way he will soon awaken Kundalini.
116.Dan he should contract the Sun (located at the navel) and then bring Kundalini moving. Even if he has fallen into the hands of death, he need not be afraid of death.
117.Door without fear (the Kuncialini) into motion during one and a half hours, thereby it is Susumna and in a slightly pulled up.
118.Door this (process) shows Kundalini decides the opening of Susumna (open) and therefore Pranamaya flows naturally by Susumna.
119.Daarom you must bring everyday Arundhati (Kundalini) who sleeps peacefully in motion. Her only to move, the Yogi is free from disease.
120.De Yogin, which brings the Sakti in motion comes into the possession of the Siddhis. What should or else be said? He overcomes time (death) as if it's just a game.
121.Alleen one who has fun in an equally chaste (brahinacarin) and always keep a modest and wholesome diet, and yoga practices by promoting Kundalini reaches Siddhi in a fortnight.
122.Wanneer Kundalini is in motion, must be especially practiced Bhastrika Kumbhaka. Where the fear remains Death for Yogi, who has himself under control and daily practice like this?
123.Behalve exercise to bring Kundalini in motion (by Sakticalana), what other way is there to clean up the impurities of the seventy-two thousand Nadis?
124.Deze middle Nadi (Susumna) is right (for the easy passage of Pranamaya) by constant exercise by Yogini's, by Asana, Pranayamas and Mudras.
125.Aan those who are alert (and not lazily) in the movement, and that remain constant in a state of concentration (Samadhi), the Rudrânî (Sambhavi) or other Mudra gives a soothing satisfaction (siddhi).
126.Er is no earth (prthvi) without Raja-yaga, there is no night without Raja Yoga, and even a variety of Mudra's is meaningless without Raja Yoga.
127.Alle breathing exercises should be done in concentration. The wise man does not allow his mind wanders.
128.Zo described the ten Mudras by the primeval Lord Sambhu (Siva). Each Mudra gave great Siddhi to all who keep themselves another control (Yamin's).
129.Degene which teaches about the Mudras as handed down by a row of Guru's. is the real teacher. He is the master, the Lord (Iswara), in visible form.
130.Door prudent to follow the lessons will dagene, focusing on the practice of Mudras, obtain the power to overcome death, along with the siddhis like animan.