Ayurveda is a holistic view. This means that Ayurveda is based on the whole person: physically, mentally and spiritually.
By raising awareness of the wholeness of the human being and the development of self-knowledge, there can be said of Ayurveda hand is a preventive health system and on the other hand, in case of illness, stimulates the self-healing ability of the human being.
The hygiene Ayurveda talks about different types of people: the Vata type, Pitta type and Kapha type, the tridosha's three energetic life forces. In reality, there are several variations, because there is often one of the dosha 's predominates.
For the various human types of guidelines are given for a particular lifestyle . For example, it makes sense that a Pitta (fire) type not too hot spicy food should be eating, because the fire still is more stimulated. Hand is a Vata type (air) better, to diet, causing much air to avoid or use sparingly.
By all standards it is important to ask yourself whether it feels good to you and if it fits into your daily life rhythm, dinacharya. Ayurvedic guidelines should be seen as advice. Importantly body and mind remain or are brought into harmony.
Small changes in your daily activities, help you on your way. Ayurveda not asking you to follow everything but because that is said or supposedly should. Ayurveda ask you to be your own authority and work with the insights developed by bringing your self and therefore knowledge developed in practice. Insights that fit you.
It is therefore not only a scientific, but also an awareness system. The directive is for example more than eat some vegetables, but you can find this vegetable itself is not good, then chances are that it does not do much good your body. Avoid so that you only because it "should", add vegetables to your diet. First, the spirit does not work with it, making the digestion and metabolism can not do their job and secondly you risk that you want and can sustain this diet but a short time.
- The holistic vision of life is ayurveda, yoga and Vedic lifestyle same. However, when we look at our diet we can appoint a difference of principles.
- In the ayurvedic food science is based on the Tridosha (three energetic life forces formed by the elements 5), and the Triguna (three properties is present in the 5 elements). meat is eaten as a medicinal additive.
- Yoga looks at nutrition from Triguna (rajas, sattva and tamas). is chosen sattivisch (pure) food, which is important for the development of spirituality and pure vegetarian.
- The Vedic nutrition is vegan and focuses on the development of Krisha consciousness. This balancing of the polarities.
General guidelines for both Vata, Pitta and Kapha:
What does a good meal out:
- Each meal should the six flavors are present.
- There is a certain order in terms of the flavors.
- Acid or salt as a starter, it stimulates the appetite and brings agni going. For example, soup or alcohol (acid)
- Main meal, herein are sweet, bitter, astringent and pungent.
- End with sweet dessert, this is a pleasant conclusion, the fire is extinguished what.
Discouraged foods and food combinations:
- do not take yoghurt after 18:00;
- do not take a slime-forming products after 18:00, as, for example, buttermilk, cheese, cottage cheese;
- preferably use any old cheese, but for example, cottage cheese as early as possible;
- do not drink milk after eating radish and garlic;
- Never combine fish, meat and vegetables with milk;
- better not drink milk with meals;
- one tablespoon ghee per day per person;
- never take ghee and honey in the same amount;
- Never heat honey;
- do not take cold dessert, such as ice, after a meal, it extinguishes the digestive fire.
Rules for optimal digestion
- Be half an hour for the hot meal provided, first voice you cook positive and also start the smells of cooking to prepare for digestion. For example, there will be more saliva in the mouth.
- For a good digestion can be 15 minutes to eat some fresh ginger with a little salt and take a little honey.
- Eat only when the previous meal is devoured;
- Make sure the food looks good;
- Eat the right amount;
- Eat as many fresh;
- eat food according to the season;
- eat the hot meal preferably at noon;
- make the food a little sauce-like, in general, our diet is too dry;
- You can also sip wise lukewarm / warm water to drink during the meal;
- alcohol, glass of wine before dinner has positive effects on digestion, excess alcohol inhibits appetite;
- in general, cold drinks and ice cream bad for digestion. Take this rather not after the meal because it slows / goes digestion.
Dinacharya, daily living - general advice
- get early morning wake;
- say a prayer rises to you;
- cleanse your mouth, face and eyes;
- drink a glass of water at room temperature;
- scraping the tongue;
- clean your teeth;
- gargle your throat;
- kouw a handful of sesame seeds, dates and coconut;
- lubricate the inside of the nose with warm sesame oil or ghee;
- do five drops of warm sesame oil in the ears;
- bring warm sesame oil on the head and body;
- take a bath;
- get dressed in clean clothes;
- use of natural perfume scents;
- do asanas (physical exercises), pranayama (energy control exercises) and meditation;
- take your breakfast.